My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

Random Quotes From Desiree

So the other night I got home from work & the first thing that happens is I get bombarded by Desiree trying to tell me something. When I finally get settled & get her a little less excited I say: "Okay Desiree, now, tell me what you were trying to tell me a minute ago." So she launches into this story about how Nick broke her new little lounge around pants & how she got so mad at him that she told him: "You go in your room & you can't come out till I say you can!" As if she's an adult grounding a child!!! My gosh this kid is too smart & sassy.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Firsts

So, last night I decided to cook Pepper Steak (see the Family Cookbook). A first for me, & it was pretty good if I do say so myself; I also made rice for the pepper steak to go on, from scratch for the very first time ever, as my friend Nicole says, I was a rice virgin (haha). Hila came over before she was headed to a movie night with some of the ladies from church, which ended up canceled & Hila didn't know, so she just hung out for a little while. She helped me a little with dinner & a whole lot with the girls while I was cooking. Here's the work in progress.


Both Nick & Hila said it was really good & that my rice tasted great, that's wonderful news considering I've never made rice before. And here's the finished product.


Other than my cooking firsts, Emily wore her bunting & actually fit in it for the first time that night.

Here's Emily, ready to go out in the cold. While I was still working on dinner Hila went out to her car for a minute & took Emily & Desiree with her. It was so cute. I can't believe how big she is. While we ate dinner we watched Roswell (t.v. show that used to come on FX), I put the first episode on for Hila to see since she'd never watched the show before; the show's got a sort of Bella & Edward feel to it (as far as the forbidden love thing, & fantasy aspect). It's a really good show that I recommend to everybody reading this (if they don't already like the show). Anyway, after that I gave Emily a bath. She really doesn't like those very much, she has some of the funniest facial expressions.

After Emily's bath was done, Desiree got one. I took some really cute pictures of Hila with Emily before she had to go back home. That was my night of firsts for me & my family. Oh, & since it took me two days to get this post up, here's another first. Emily wore her cute little yellow ruffle-butt outfit that Julie sent her (see the baby shower post), she finally fit in it so I put it on her since we were going somewhere (I wanted her in something cute).

7 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

she looks really good in yellow! i'll have to try the pepper steak! good to know!

Nilla said...

Yes, dinner was very yummy :). You did a great job! And those pictures of the girls are adorable! Love the one of Des kissing Emily. So cute!

Tarylyn said...

aweeee so cute, and that food looked good :P

juliebean said...

You look great!! The girls are so pretty.

Nilla said...

That quote from Desiree is so cute! Now you have to post the picture of her talking to Dad :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

oh my goodness! i love her spanish speaking quote! that girl has spunk!

Katherine Ronachert said...

christinia, this is the blogging world... update me!
and on a slighly funny immature note, my word verification said
pootin
ha ha ha