My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

Random Quotes From Desiree

So the other night I got home from work & the first thing that happens is I get bombarded by Desiree trying to tell me something. When I finally get settled & get her a little less excited I say: "Okay Desiree, now, tell me what you were trying to tell me a minute ago." So she launches into this story about how Nick broke her new little lounge around pants & how she got so mad at him that she told him: "You go in your room & you can't come out till I say you can!" As if she's an adult grounding a child!!! My gosh this kid is too smart & sassy.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hila's Here

So, Hila & Dad got in on Sunday, 8/24/08, at around 9p.m. Desiree & I were over at Grandma & Grandpa's for their arrival; it was a very busy & exciting day! When they finally got to our Grandparent's house we had a busy first hour or so situating cars & the moving van & trailer hitch (which had Hila's car on it). Then we got down to the business of visiting for a bit all together, before Hila & I went downstairs to look at the pictures she had from Panama (it's sooo different down there!). I forgot my camera, so there are no pictures from that night; which is probably better because at first Hila & Dad were very grumpy.
Monday Mom was going to come and pick me & Desiree up to go over & spend time with Hila & Dad. So, Mom called to let me know that she was going to be at my house to pick me up in a little bit & that Hila & Dad were coming over to bring me some stuff that Dad wanted to bring to me from his house. I got a lot of GREAT stuff :). Well, Mom got to my house & they still hadn't shown up; it was around lunch time & Mom had called about 30-45 minutes before she showed up. So, Mom spent about 3 hours watching movies with me & Desiree (all Desiree's movies) before they got here at about 2:30 with a bunch of stuff (one item being a very nice glider...thank you Tarylyn); then Nick got home & everybody just stayed at my house & spent time together. It was a rather fun (even though we didn't really do anything very interesting) day. Dad played Barbies with Desiree, we got a good little video of that (which I was unable to post, I'm sorry). I also got some really cute pictures of Dad & Desiree together. Here's one of them.




We spent the majority of the day together watching the little movie clips & pictures Hila got in Panama. It was really fun, & I'm really glad Nick got see Panama (or parts of it) & some of it's rather large wildlife, even if it isn't the way I remember it.



Today was Dad's last day here, which is sad (but at least we got to visit with him for a few days), so we all got together as a family & went out for dinner. We went to eat at Shari's (a little diner chain up here, a little like The Waffle House but with more meal options). Ben, Michelle, Sean, Tony & Royce (Ben's wife & kids), Mom & Dad, Hila, Brad, Tarylyn, Sam, Saria, Benjamin, (Brad's wife & kids) & Tarylyn's Mom & stepDad, Grandma & Grandpa, & of course me, Nick & Desiree were all there; which made it loads of fun for our server, we're a pretty big group & very loud (that was the younger kids). Every time the server came back to our tables (yes, tables, we took up four total) people had moved to different seats & different tables, like we were playing musical chairs, poor lady; so when our food came our poor server was super confused about who got what food. Anyway, we had lots of fun and laughs & Hila & Dad gave us (Ben, Brad, me, Nick, Tarylyn, Michelle & the kids) our presents they got for us while they were in Panama. It was a good last night for Dad, I think...at least I hope he enjoyed it. I'm really gonna miss him. So, here are some pictures from our dinner.

There are all four tables, & keep in mind that people kept changing spots so nobody was actually sitting in these seats to start with.
Now on to the goodies we got. Nick, Ben, Brad, Mom & I all got a pair of flip flops from Panama. Tarylyn & Michelle got some really nice bags/purses ( I think they had Mola's on them, you'll see what a Mola looks like in a minute). Everybody got Huevitos, YUM (candy from Panama). Sean, Tony & Royce got shirts (I didn't get to see what they looked like). Nick got a Panama hat. Desiree & Saria got Mola dresses, I'm not sure what Sam & Benjamin got but I know Dad & Hila didn't leave them out. And finally, Brad, Ben & I all got Tagua Nuts (carved into little frogs), chinese plums, & platanitos (more YUM), & I got a Panama bracelet. Here are the pictures of the stuff Nick, Desiree & I got. The first two pictures are Nick wearing his Panama hat & Desiree wearing her Mola dress, second are my Panama bracelet & our frog Tagua Nut, third are the yummy Panama snacks (platanitos, the Huevitos in the middle & the Chinese Plums last), fourth is just a close up of the Huevitos so you can see the labeled name & the candy inside, and last but not leas are the authentic Panamanian flip flops we each got a pair of.
I had to put the bag in there so you could see that these are "the Original" sandals. :) Well, that's all I really have to blog about tonight. Oh, but some good news really quick, I got approved for medicaid. Yay!!! No paying for Doctor visits & labor & delivery. Hope you guys enjoyed.

5 comments:

Kira =] said...

What an excellent blog post! complete with LOTS of pictures, too. =]

Mrs. S said...

It was great seeing all your pictures. Its so nice you guys will all be together again!

Katherine Ronachert said...

finally! i've checked every day from yours to hila's to tarylynns in hope of some sort of update!
;)
great pictures!

Christina said...

I'm glad you guys like the pictures :). I just hope the blog post isn't as wierd & hard to follow as I think it is.

Katherine Ronachert said...

time to update!
have you been to the doc yet? how far along do they think?