My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

Random Quotes From Desiree

So the other night I got home from work & the first thing that happens is I get bombarded by Desiree trying to tell me something. When I finally get settled & get her a little less excited I say: "Okay Desiree, now, tell me what you were trying to tell me a minute ago." So she launches into this story about how Nick broke her new little lounge around pants & how she got so mad at him that she told him: "You go in your room & you can't come out till I say you can!" As if she's an adult grounding a child!!! My gosh this kid is too smart & sassy.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Not Even Three Yet.

Well, I was talking to Hila & something I said to Desiree while I was on the phone absolutely tickled her. I was giving Desiree her lunch, dog dog & cheese (as Desiree calls it), & when I got it on the table & it was time for her to sit & eat she had oocupied herself with her Disney Princess book that came with a "video camera" that you put reels in to view the pictures, so she didn't want to eat she wanted to play with that. Well, I told her that she wasn't aloud to have the camera back until she ate; she didn't like that, so she started walking to the bedroom. So, then I told her that if she didn't come eat she was going to go to bed, needless to say she came back to eat, but didn't touch her food; she just sat there with a sour look on her face (clearly mad at me). She still wanted her camera back & didn't want to eat now because she wasn't getting her way. Well, I looked at her & told her "You have to eat & clean your plate or you're going to bed & you can't have your camera." So I started walking back to the kitchen & then had to turn around at a very important thought, & I said to her "& you have to EAT it all, don't throw it in the trash, or you'll be in trouble!" Well, Hila found that so amusing & proceeded to ask me "Has she done that before?" Well, to answer that question, yes, she has done that before! Desiree thinks everything's supposed to be her way or no way. I've told her she needed to eat & clean her plate one day, well, she decided 'Ok, I'll clean my plate.' & went & threw her food in the trash can! Needless to say she got a time-out & nap for that stunt.
Thought I'd give you guys something fun to read. :)

9 comments:

Nilla said...

What can I say? Like mother like daughter ;). You are going to have a handful (as though you don't already ;)). She's too smart for her own good ;)!

Christina said...

You don't have to tell me twice. You haven't witnessed the half of it :)

Deb said...

Desiree is such a cutie and she knows how to work people. But she is cute while she is doing it. I hope Nick is safe and arrives home safely on Monday.

Kira =] said...

Aahh, isn't toddlerhood a joy? well, it is most of the time, but sometimes those other "moments" seem like a whole lot more!! =]

Katherine Ronachert said...

miss independent! that will come in handy later in life!

Anonymous said...

How smart she is! That is a perfect example of complex thinking!! Love, Aunt Hila

juliebean said...

I love that story. What a smart little girl, she will keep you on your toes. So excited you are blogging again, I enjoy keeping up with you!

Katherine Ronachert said...

happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

To Christina, Desiree, and Abe....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love, Aunt Hila