My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

Random Quotes From Desiree

So the other night I got home from work & the first thing that happens is I get bombarded by Desiree trying to tell me something. When I finally get settled & get her a little less excited I say: "Okay Desiree, now, tell me what you were trying to tell me a minute ago." So she launches into this story about how Nick broke her new little lounge around pants & how she got so mad at him that she told him: "You go in your room & you can't come out till I say you can!" As if she's an adult grounding a child!!! My gosh this kid is too smart & sassy.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

White Christmas

Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas! I certainly did, & I thought I'd tell you about it :). Well, it started off a little slow & rainy at my house. We opened presents with just our little family first. My daughter had a ball! She thought that every present was for her & insisted on playing with everything right away, so that was interesting! But we got some great gifts for eachother, I got Nick Transformers (the movie), Bones (the t.v. show, hehe, I benefit from that too, how terrible am I), & a really great gaming keyboard & mouse (sorry I don't quite know how to tell you about those), he got me a PSP (handheld game system) with a couple of games (one that he'll play way more than I will, so we're even now), & two books, Tess Gerritsen's The Bone Garden & Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone (the only one I didn't have). We got Desiree a lot of clothes (she's growing way too fast), some toys (Ariel doll, two My Little Ponys & a Care Bear that came with a DVD, I can't think of what else she got) & of course we got a ton of movies from 'Santa' to the whole family; oh yeah, Desiree also got Atlantis: the Lost Empire (Disney movie), I love that movie. Well, while we are opening our presents (completely unknown to us), it starts to snow! My first ever White Christmas!! How cool is that?!? Not very! After all of the presents were opened & we talked to Nick's Mom & sister, we got ready to leave to go out to Shari's for a Christmas lunch & then head to Ben & Michelle's to have Christmas with the whole family. Well, we get going & everything starts off ok, but then we get to the hill we have to go up to stop for gas & head into East Bremerton (keep in mind, my car is an '89 Ford Mustang, it's not made for this kinda stuff), well, we putt putt up the hill & turn into the Shell for gas where we just start sliding sideways down this little embankment & can barely do much else! So, we didn't get gas at the Shell, we drove back home to find the tire chains & then head back out, if we found them; luckily we did find them & put them on the car. So we brave the the snowy road & slightly large hill again, forget the Shell, we slowly make it up the hill & just pass the gas station & head straight for the freeway into E. Bremerton, where we got gas at a Chevron with no slight inclines, just flat ground. So we finally make it to Shari's & have our lunch, let me tell you, it was so GOOOD (to me)! After lunch we start heading to Ben & Michelle's for the whole family Christmas. Given the problems we were having starting off & stopping for lunch, we made it there first :) YAY us. After everybody else gets there & we get all the presents under the Christmas tree, it's time to start opening presents (the kids were getting restless). Everybody got some great stuff! Other than my books from Nick, my favorite presents were my new Shorty & Slim cds. Thank you very much Dad & Hila! Desiree made out like a bandit there too! After the present opening it was time to eat the little meal everybody put together (sandwiches with a lot of snack food & Christmas cookies & sweets). I didn't eat much because we had just eaten maybe 2 hours before that, but I am a piggy so I had to have some of the snacks & sweets. We talked to the rest of our family (Hila & Dad) after we opened presents. Shortly after that we had to leave because I had to work at 7 a.m. the following morning. So, that was not only our great Christmas, but our (my, Nick's, & Desiree's) first WHITE Christmas. I hope you enjoyed my family's Christmas. Here is a photo from Christmas.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the family pictures. I wish I could figure out how to make them bigger so that I can see everyone. I miss the family! Love, Aunt Hila

Christina said...

Aunt Hila, as soon as I can figure out how to make the pictures able to be enlarged I'll fix that picture. Until then, I'm sending Hila the photos via email so I'll let her know to forward them on to you as well. Love you, Christina

Mrs. S said...

Hey! I found your blog through Hila's! (I'm your cousin Stefanie...your aunt Hila's youngest). Wow...there are a lot of Hila's in this family!!! i enjoyed your blog. We had a white christmas too here in Utah. HOORAY. It was my first, and I loved it. Your little girl is SOOO cute!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i wish we had a white christmas. so sad.

Nilla said...

Hey, you need to start adding other people's blogs to your list of blogs :). That way I'm not the only crazy blogger :).

Kira =] said...

I can't believe your child is that old. It hasn't been that long, right? =]

Katherine Ronachert said...

it's time to add more! i'm in dire need to read more of someone elses life!

Nilla said...

I second that!!! Christina, I'm going to add another tally to the "beat you with a shoe" list if you don't hurry up and blog again! You said you would last night! (do you feel guilty yet???)

Anonymous said...

Hi. Aunt Hila here. I check your Blog almost everyday. Waiting to hear more. LOL. Nilla's reference to "beat you with a shoe"...not sure what that means (did I miss something?) LOL. I thought that I was the only one who beat my daughter with a purple sandal because she didn't put it on after I'd told her to.... ;-)
--Cruella signing off...

Nilla said...

Okay, I have just started threatening Christina that I'm going to beat her with a shoe every time she does something that merits it (and that is at my disgression :)), and since I can't do it (geographically speaking) now, I have promised to keep a running tally so that when I arrive in WA, I will beat her with a shoe that many times. I told you she tolerates me well :). Oh, and you can still be the only one who beats your daughter with a shoe... I'll just be the Hila that beats her SISTER with a shoe :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'm still checking to see if you've updated yet. . .

Anonymous said...

Well, your mom is finally leaving a message. Your blog is great and very interesting. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Nick, Christina, and Desiree - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Nick's mom. You are in my thoughts and prayers. It takes a while for the hurt to lessen. Hang in there. Love, Aunt Hila

Kira =] said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Nick's mom. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to me. We'll keep your family in our prayers.