My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

Random Quotes From Desiree

So the other night I got home from work & the first thing that happens is I get bombarded by Desiree trying to tell me something. When I finally get settled & get her a little less excited I say: "Okay Desiree, now, tell me what you were trying to tell me a minute ago." So she launches into this story about how Nick broke her new little lounge around pants & how she got so mad at him that she told him: "You go in your room & you can't come out till I say you can!" As if she's an adult grounding a child!!! My gosh this kid is too smart & sassy.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Bear with me....

Ok, so this is my very first post; actually this is my first blog ever, so please bear with me. So, I don't think I'm a very interesting person & lead a very boring life, but my sister thinks otherwise; so here it goes. Just something that's been on my mind lately & I thought I should share with you, working retail during the Holiday season really sucks, I truly mean that. I work at Best Buy, I've worked there for a year now & let me tell you, this Holiday season has been much worse than last year; for the past two weeks the store's been opening at 8:00 a.m. so I've had to be there at 7:15 to perform my opening duties (I'm not really a morning person, so you can probably imagine how bad this is for me). Well, every morning I have to get up at like 6:00 a.m. so I can get myself & my daughter ready to go, yes this does take like 30 minutes to do, after all she's only 34 months old so she doesn't listen that well, anyway, then I have to drive her to my brother & sister-in-law's house, in the freezing cold in a car with out a heater, then head back to work (which just happens to be right across the street from my apartment complex, literally). Well, on with the real point of this long drawn out story. What seems like every person in the Kitsap county area decide to come in & shop with only a few days left before Christmas, so here I am, not a morning person at all & have to be at work & dealing with a bunch of people that I don't know & the majority of them are really mean because we don't have something they want to get but should've come in & bought like last month when we actually had a ton of that item (which is usually the gaming systems, i.e. the Nintendo Wii or the XBOX 360). I think that everybody needs to be more like me & my sister (actually, probably most of the women in my family), & start shopping for Christmas presents in the summer! I don't know, maybe I'm just being selfish because the only person this is really benefitting is me :). Well, the worst day this Holiday shopping season, for me, had to be Friday (I believe it was Friday) last week, the store was packed to the brim, probably to the legal limit, & the line to check out was like forever long, come to find out that everybody decided they wanted to shop at Best Buy because the mall was closed due to a power outage there. So, it was literally chaos & probably my worst working day at Best Buy.
Well, I don't really have anything worth writing about (as for all of that, it was just a personal thought I wanted to share) so until I have anything news worthy or interesting for you I'll spare you the boredom.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

See! You ARE interesting! I love you! And I'm so excited you have a blog now! I love the comment about how people are mad because they are trying to buy something they should have tried to buy a month ago :).

Christina said...

Well, I'm glad you think that, I just hope everbody else will think so. Thank you very much for all your help with the blog last night. Love ya.

Katherine Ronachert said...

fyi i was not one of those last minute shoppers. . . well not for our family anyway! my heart bleeds for you (and the others working retail.) people are so insensitive!