My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

Random Quotes From Desiree

So the other night I got home from work & the first thing that happens is I get bombarded by Desiree trying to tell me something. When I finally get settled & get her a little less excited I say: "Okay Desiree, now, tell me what you were trying to tell me a minute ago." So she launches into this story about how Nick broke her new little lounge around pants & how she got so mad at him that she told him: "You go in your room & you can't come out till I say you can!" As if she's an adult grounding a child!!! My gosh this kid is too smart & sassy.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The New Me

So, I know I haven't blogged in a super long time. Sorry Hila :) & Katherine. Well, I got my haircut yesterday. For the most part it's alright, but the lady cut my hair too short :(. I wanted it down to my chin, but instead it ended up at about mid-jaw. A little too short for my taste & definately a lot shorter than what I'm used to. I feel like I look like a boy! So, here are my pictures.





Well, that's not a very good picture. Here's another one, maybe it's a little better.

Well, it looks like both of the pictures I took are pretty bad :(.


My hair is now too short for me to do what I would normally do with it. I'm so not a girly girl type girl, I'm more of a roll out of bed, brush my hair & put it in a ponytail type of girl, but now I have to wake up earlier so I can attempt to style my hair (which I know absolutely nothing about...well, on my own hair anyway). I did do Hila's hair, for Julie's (I believe it was Julie) wedding, once & it looked so good!!! When it comes to my hair, especially this short, I'm completely lost!! Hahaha...any tips would be appreciated. I really hope my hair doesn't look as bad as I think it does. What do you think??

7 comments:

Tarylyn said...

i think it's cute :))

Nilla said...

I think you look pretty! I'm glad you finally posted something :)! Now I won't have to beat you with a shoe :).

Yes, it was Julie's wedding you curled my hair for.

And I'm about as useless to give you tips as can be... YOu know I know nothing :). But you could possibly use a curling iron to curl the bottoms or something. We'll see what we can do in 1 month :)!!!

I love you!

juliebean said...

I love it. I know what you mean about it being more work. I cut my hair in short little chicky cut once and I HATED getting up earlier to fix it everyday. I am a roll out of bed brush it and go girl myself. You will find your style and it will become routine. btw you look so much like your mommy!

Anonymous said...

You look cut. It makes you look younger. Your are beautiful no matter what! Mom

Nilla said...

Mom writes on your blog but not on mine!?! She's so fired!!

Oh, I put up pictures of Sis. Porter on my blog. She said to tell you hi! I tried calling, but you didn't answer :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

bobby pins. they are the cure all, especially for pulling your front hair back. if you pull it back in the middle it works. also, doing three seperate rolls (for lack of a better word) in the center of the head. if this doesn't make sense i'll show you come nov. oh, but by then your hair would have grown!
ps
i like it!
but i also know what you mean as far as too short. i had a lady do that...
grr.
i hate when they don't listen.
anyway, you'll find that short hair can be pretty easy. (chin length is ideal.) i rarely blow dry or curl or straighten (ha like it can get any straighter!?!). seriously, roll out of bed and go type person... unless i'm dressing up, then i move it more grandma's speed.
ok maybe not that slow! ;)
i too would like to know why aunt d doesn't comment on my blog???
are we playing favorites?
;)
novela over.
love ya

Katherine Ronachert said...

Yeah...and Elka has the thickest hair on earth!!

Your hair looks wonderful. It looks very pretty. And I agree with Juliebean....you look just like your mom!! Love, Aunt Hila